- Plug the extender in near to the router and wait for it to go green. Yes, I do mean near at this time.
- Press the WPS button on the extender until the tell tale lights change or start blinking (2 seconds should suffice)
- Press the WPS button on your router until the tell tale lights change or start blinking (2 seconds should suffice)
- Wait until extender goes green
- Check available wifi stations, there should be a new one in the style of router_name_EXT. For example, if your router is called ‘sentinel’ then the extender will be named ‘sentinel_EXT’
- Relocate the extender to a power point somewhere between the router and the target computer (see below)
- Log in using the same passkey as the main router.
- See how it goes!
With regard to (6) above, there is no point in having the extender too near the router nor the target computer. A typical situation is connecting to a computer in an upstairs room. Experiment with the extender on the stairs, in a room above the router or next door to the router under the target computer.